Jim Ryan & Associates
Free Consultation:

Know how to get your license reinstated

If you are stopped on suspicion of drunk driving in Illinois, there are several things that could happen. For example, you may be asked to submit to a series of tests to determine your sobriety and blood alcohol concentration. If these show you to be over the legal limit, you could face charges. However, if you refuse these tests, implied consent laws could mean that you face license suspension.

While this may be the better option for you, particularly if you have a previous DUI conviction, losing your license can still be extremely inconvenient. It may affect your ability to get to work or take your children to school. You may even struggle to collect groceries. Fortunately, these suspensions are usually only for a limited period. Once that time has passed, you can have your license reinstated.

To do this, you will need to go through the DMV. You may need to pay a fee for the reinstatement, which can vary depending on the reason you lost your license. For DUI-related offenses, this is usually $500. If the period of your suspension has not expired, you may still be able to get a restricted driving permit. This is generally for driving to medical appointments, work, or alcohol awareness classes.

An attorney may be helpful if you find yourself in this position. He or she can advise you on your options and may be able to assist you if you decide to pursue an RDP or challenge the suspension of your license.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Contact Our Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response

1555 Bond St
Suite 103
Naperville, IL 60563

Fax: 630-596-9402
Naperville Law Office Map

The Law Office of Gregory N. Smith
Know how to get your license reinstated | Jim Ryan & Associates