Helping You Hold On To Your Driver’s License
- Are you facing a suspended or revoked license because of moving violations, reckless driving or other traffic tickets?
- Has your driver’s license been suspended or revoked due to drunk driving or another traffic offense?
- Have you had your driver’s license suspended or revoked and need a hardship permit that would allow you to drive to work or school?
We are here to help you. We are the experienced defense lawyers of Jim Ryan & Associates, and we are available to defend you in criminal or traffic cases that could end in a suspended or revoked license and to represent you in your driver’s license reinstatement hearing. We represent people throughout the state of Illinois, as well as those from other states who need representation with regard to an Illinois driver’s license revocation or suspension.
Reasons For Revocation Or Suspension Of Your License
If you are like most people in the Chicago area, your ability to drive plays a critical role in your life. Losing that ability can jeopardize your life and your career. The attorneys of Jim Ryan & Associates work hard to prevent that from happening.
After a drunk driving arrest or another Illinois charge that can lead to a suspended or revoked license, the Illinois Secretary of State will send you a letter saying that your driver’s license has been suspended or revoked. There can be many reasons for this, including:
- Excessive traffic violations (three traffic tickets or 100 points on your record in a single year; two tickets if you are under 21. The number of points is lower if your license has been suspended before, within the last 7 years)
- A DUI/DWI (drunk driving) conviction
- A felony conviction involving a motor vehicle
- Use of a false ID/fake driver’s license
- Leaving the scene of an accident
Putting Extensive Knowledge And Experience On Your Side
Our attorneys have extensive experience helping people efficiently and effectively navigate through the paperwork and appearances needed for the Secretary of State hearing process.
We know the system and process involved in preventing or reinstating suspended or revoked driver’s license. Our attorneys handle license reinstatement hearings with personal attention to each client. That means we will be there for you when you need us. It means we will take the time to explain your case, the steps involved and the choices you will have to make along the way.